Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cooking with Profe

Oftentimes, when I'm feeling emotions other than happiness it's because I'm lacking sleep or a good meal. I love to cook food that I can enjoy with my family and friends. If for just those few seconds as the food hits their taste buds, I can make something that is so scrumptious it melts away the worries of the day, then I think that day has been a success.

I quite enjoy cooking in general, but baking is certainly my favorite medium for culinary creation. On meatless mondays, I'll post mostly recipes of the dessert. The recipes will mostly come from books, other awesome blogs, websites, and every once in a while my own wacky creation. Frequently, I won't have exactly the ingredients I'll need and usually I find that if I have a good idea of what ingredients may be even better alternatives then my cooking can come out more delicious than the original recipe would have. Also, bland food just isn't my calling. I'm one of those people that douses their food in equal parts food and hot sauce, triples the amount of lemon in desserts while simultaneously reducing the amount of sugar, and pours half a container of cinnamon in to apple pie. So prepare yourself for flavorful, spicy, and all around extra yummy food.

Ah, and before I forget, about the title: Profe is a very clingy cat. He follows me around like a duckling. Literally every room I'm in, he's there. When I wake up, he is staring at me, when I shower or brush my teeth he sits on the counter. He sleeps in my bed every night, and, of course, he's happiest when I'm cooking. He likes to sit on the kitchen counter and watch intently as I make food. Every once in a while, if he's lucky, he'll taste test. Profe is equal parts playful and wise, and is the kind of cat that makes you re-think your dislike of felines. He is an inspiration for the form and color that many of my dishes take. His Southeast Asian heritage will create the basis for my heavily spiced creations.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment